The second catalog dedicated to international developments in twentieth- century glass, after Glass from Finland in the Bischofberger Collection. Published in collaboration with the MAK Vienna and LE STANZE DEL VETRO on the occasion of the exhibition in Venice, this volume presents over 300 works from the collection of the MAK Austrian Museum of Applied Arts/Contemporary Art in Vienna and private collections. It focuses, for the first time, on the history of glassmaking in Austria from 1900 to 1937, a period spanning the last decades of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the First Republic. In the early twentieth century, a group of young architects, designers, and fine arts and architecture students developed a special interest in the process of glassmaking. They paved the way to the first pioneering developments in twentieth-century glass production as they gained a thorough understanding of the material. The collaboration between architects and designers created the style of Viennese glass, found in new projects such as the Wiener Werkstätte or the Austrian Werkbund.